Oregon’s Willamette National Forest was selected to choose and supply the People’s Tree for 2018 for the grounds of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. The Willamette National Forest, together with Travel Oregon, has designed alogo that captures the beauty of the State of Oregon and the Willamette National Forest, with its snowcapped mountain, fields of green and lush forests. The trail leading to the tree symbolizes the adventurous spirit of Oregonians since early settlers first traversed the Oregon Trail. The logo encourages modern-day adventurers to #FindYourTrail in the Willamette National Forest.
- 2018 Capitol Christmas Tree Dates Announced
- Timber! Willamette National Forest to Host Public Tree Cutting Celebration for the 2018 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree
- Hillsboro Fourth Grader is Chosen to Light U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree
- Announcing the 2018 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Tour
- Free Outdoor Recreation Passes Available for Fourth Graders and their Families
- Governor Brown Launches 4th Grade Essay Contest: Win the chance to light the tree in D.C.!
- Instruction Guide now available for 3rd and 4th Grade Classrooms
- Find an ornament while finding a trail this weekend
- Be Bear Aware
- 2018 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree from Willamette National Forest to Be Selected This Week by Architect of the U.S. Capitol
Choose Outdoors press Willamette National Forest ornaments Travel Oregon hiking capitol christmas tree U.S. Forest Service U.S. Capitol Christmas Kootenai National Forest